The Hancock County Board of Supervisors works closely with the Hancock Chamber of Commerce and the Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission to provide new opportunities for businesses in Hancock County. Our mission is to not only grow and diversify the local economy, but also to improve the quality of life for the citizens who live and work here. We continue to focus our efforts toward business development that will generate private investment, spur job growth, and improve the quality of place in our region.
- Part of the Gulfport-Biloxi-Pascagoula Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Population over 46,961
- 3 municipalities: Bay St. Louis, Diamondhead, and Waveland
- Bay St. Louis is number 4 in the top 5 fastest growing cities in Mississippi in 2022
- Home to NASA Stennis Space Center, Naval Meteorology & Oceanography Command, Naval Research Laboratory
- 3600 acre Port Bienville Industrial Park is served by a short line railroad connected to CSX